[Gas] R-407C <General Name > Fluorinated gas
R-407C is a non-azeotropic mixed refrigerant composed of the three ingredients R-32, R-125, and R-134a, and was developed as a substitute refrigerant for R-22, used in applications such as air conditioning equipment and chiller equipment for medium temperature ranges. It possesses outstanding properties as a refrigerant for air conditioners, chillers, vending machines, and other equipment.
HFC Blend Refrigerants, Components and Features
|R-32||23 ± 2||-|
|SAMPLE||R-125||25 ± 2||44 ± 2|
|SAMPLE||R-134a||52 ± 2||4 ± 2|
|R-143a||-||52 ± 2|
|Boiling Point [°C]||-43.8||-46.6|
|Temperature Glide **[°C]||7.1||0.8|
|Handling||Caution needed||Relative ease|
*ASHRAE SSPC-34 tolerance
R-404A:Refrigerant for packaged air conditioners, commercial air-conditioning and vending machines.
R-404A:Refrigerant for showcases, vehicle-mounted refrigerators, and commercial freezers.
- R-32, R-125, and R-134a, which are the components of R-407C, have Ozone Depletion Potential of zero as well as low Global Warming Potential, so they can be considered refrigerants that are friendly to the natural environment.
- R-407C also has properties including pressure, capacity, and efficiency that are extremely similar to those of R-22.
- Since R-407C does not have mutual solubility with substances such as mineral oils or alkyl benzene oils conventionally used in R-22, there is a need to either use compound oils having mutual solubility with substances such as polyol ester oils, or to take special measures to return oil to compressors.
- Since R-407C is a non-azeotropic mixture, when filling equipment with it from a container, filling must begin from the liquid phase in order to reduce changes in composition.
- If filling of R-407C is carried out from the vapor phase, there will be a risk of it having a highly different composition than intended, which could not only result in not being able to attain sufficient performance, but could also lead to equipment failure or other significant adverse effects.
|Ingredient Name||Chemical Formula||CAS No.||CSCL Number||Industrial Safety and Health Act Number|
Refrigerants (packaged air conditioners, commercial-use refrigerators, vending machines, etc.)
Cylinders: 10 kg, 20 kg, 100 kg, 1000 kg
NRC: 10 kg
- Physical properties -
- Material compatibility -
- Stability -
If inquiring about product standards, please select the following:
R-407C Quality Standard Sheet
Refrigerant Properties Useful Software (ARPUS)
ARPUS is a software for calculating temperature and pressure of AGC fluorocarbon products. It is possible to calculate temperature and pressure which is required for developing and installing air conditioning equipment, such as saturation temperature to saturation pressure, saturation pressure to saturation temperature, and to calculate superheating and subcooling. Please check the disclaimer before use.
Warnings for use
*Please read the safety data sheet (SDS) before using.
- R-407C is subject to the High Pressure Gas Safety Act of Japan, so be sure to use it in accordance with this Act or your local rules.
- If there is a leak of R-407C in large quantities, there will be a danger of oxygen deficiency, so quickly evacuate from the work site to an upwind location or a high elevation.
Inhalation of R-407C may cause irritation. If R-407C in high concentrations is inhaled, there may be a danger of asphyxiation or heart attack, and it may also cause cardiac arrhythmia, so be sure to exercise sufficient caution. Be sure to sufficiently arrange proper ventilation when using R-407C.
If R-407C in high concentrations is inhaled, move to a location with fresh air, rest sufficiently, and then seek medical attention from a specialized physician.
- The vapor of R-407C may cause irritation to the eyes or skin. Also, if its liquid enters the eyes or contacts the skin, there will be a danger of frostbite.
Be sure to wear proper protective equipment when performing work.
If it enters the eyes, immediately wash them with clean, running water for 15 minutes or longer. If it comes into contact with the skin, wash the affected area thoroughly with plenty of water.
If it enters the eyes or comes into contact with the skin in large quantities, seek medical attention from a specialized physician.
- R-407C is classified as non-flammable by the U.S. organization ASHRAE.
However, if R-407C is pressurized after being mixed with air, there is a possibility that it could become flammable. R-407C must never be mixed with air under any circumstances.
Although R-407C is designated as having a composition that is not flammable, if it is handled using abnormal methods, its flammable ingredients can rise to high concentrations and it may fall within the range of flammability. Be sure to handle the product properly.
- Although R-407C is sufficiently stable under normal conditions of use, if it is exposed to open flame, high-temperature metals, etc., it may decompose and generate toxic, irritating chemical compounds. If any such irritating odors are detected, quickly evacuate from the work site to an upwind location.
- Although its container has a high level of safety, improper use can lead to serious accidents. Be sure to exercise sufficient caution.
Do not drop the container, tip it over, strike it forcefully, or roll it along the ground.
Do not heat it to 40°C or higher.
When not in use, close the valve tightly and attach the valve cap.
Store it in a cool, dark, well ventilated area.
Take steps to ensure that it is not improperly handled by unauthorized persons.
■ AGC Inc. (Japan) Chiba Plant
This product is for industrial use, and was not developed or produced with the intention of use in medical applications.
*Please refer to the SDS for more detailed product information.