Chlor & Alkali Business
AGC Chemicals supplies chlor-alkali products centered around caustic soda and chlorine derivatives manufactured by electrolysis. In addition to being the raw materials for a great many chemicals, they are also used in a wide-variety of industries, and are intimately connected to each of our lives.
- The number one manufacturer of caustic soda in Southeast Asia
- In addition to holding a high share in the Japanese domestic market, our international development started early when we launched the operation of electrolysis factories in Thailand in the 1960's and Indonesia in the 1980's, and currently we have established our presence as the number one manufacturer of caustic soda in Southeast Asia. Furthermore, in response to the recent increase in demands in the overall Southeast Asian market, we have strengthened our presence in Indonesia and, in 2014, we affiliated with a large PVC manufacturer in Vietnam.
- One of the world’s cleanest and most eco-friendly electrolysis processes
- We manufacture caustic soda and chlorine with the ion-exchange membrane process employing "Flemion™", the fluoride ion-exchange membranes developed by our company. Compared with the traditional mercury process and the diaphragm process which use asbestos, the ion-exchange membrane process not only uses no hazardous substances, it also conserves energy and is one of the world's cleanest and most environmentally friendly electrolysis processes.
- Providing the key products that support our lives
- Caustic soda and chlorine, created by the electrolysis of salt water, are basic products in the chemical industry, and the raw materials used in many chemical products. Sodium hypochlorite, which is manufactured from caustic soda and chlorine, is used as a disinfectant in the water and sewer system that is one of the key pieces of infrastructure that supports our society. Also, sodium bicarbonate, which is manufactured with caustic soda as a raw material, is used in a variety of ways that touch our lives closely: for example as pharmaceutical products like artificial dialysis fluids, food additives such as leavening agents, and bath additive raw materials.
Chlor & Alkali Business Products
Safe alkaline material used for a wide array of purposes from everyday products to pharmaceuticals.
Blast detergent that doesn’t damage materials and can be flushed
(Finely-Crushed Sodium Bicarbonate)
Reducing the acidic composition in HCl, sulfur oxide, and sulfuric acid mist which contribute to atmospheric pollution
Vinyl Chloride Monomer
Raw material for polyvinyl chloride
As a general plastic raw material, it has a wide variety of uses such as engineering and construction, residential, packing materials, etc.
Mainly used as an epoxy resin raw material
For details, visit the KASHIMA CHEMICAL CO., LTD. Homepage