Gas & Solvents Business
AGC Chemicals' portofolio includes coolants used in the air conditioning and refrigeration fields, as well as solvents used in the industrial cleaners and coatings fields. By offering products that address environmental problems such as ozone destruction and global warming, we are contributing to the creation of an ecological world.
- Introducing our Gas & Solvents products to reduce environmental impact
- Fluorinated refrigerant gas and solvents are widely used as materials that can be used safely with less toxicity and flammability in the refrigeration and solvents field. AGC Chemicals has developed and provided all kinds of chlorofluorocarbon alternatives that address the earth's problems such as ozone destruction and global warming. Using the knowledge we have gained thus far, we are proceeding with the development of refrigerant gas and solvents with a low Global Warming Potential as HFCs alternatives.
- Our full solvent lineup can meet a broad range of applications for our customers
- With the concept of "non-flammable and safe solvents", we offer chlorinated solvents suitable for degreasing of metal products with high solubility, fluorinated solvents that are used in precision cleaning, other types of solvents and heat transfer medium with high thermal stability. With our technical support matched to our customer’s uses, we provide suitable solutions for each customer.
- Promoting recovery and recycling of fluorocarbons and calcium fluoride
- Calcium fluoride (fluorite), a raw material in fluoride products, is a valuable resource that has limited producing countries and reserves. From 1997, our company has been re-using it efficiently as a raw material by decomposing and recycling from the used fluorocarbons by our customers. Moreover, we have begun to re-use the calcium fluoride created in our own factories and in our customers' waste water treatment processes that use hydrofluoric acid. In 2014, this approach earned us the "Minister Prize of Economic, Trade and Industry", the highest award in the "Awards for Resource-Recycling Technologies and Systems" in Japan.
Gas & Solvents Business Products
「Non-flammable refrigerant that consists of HCFO-1224yd(Z). Next-generation low GWP refrigerant that has little impact on the natural environment. [Refrigerant for various applications such as centrifugal chiller and binary cycle]
ASAHI KLIN AK-225(Fluorinated solvent)
Fluorinated solvent that has strong cleaning power and is used in various industrial fields as a replacement for CFC-113 and brominated solvents.
ASAHI KLIN AE-3000(Fluorinated solvent)
HFE-type solvent that is used widely in cleaning, solvent, and heat transfer medium fields, and which has zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)
ASAHI KLIN AC-6000(Fluorinated solvent)
HFC-type solvent that has a boiling point of 114°C and low GWP, and is suitable as a solvent or a heat transfer medium used in a wide range of temperatures
Chlorinated solvent for metal cleaning, with higher solubility
Chlorinated solvent for a wide variety of uses such as dry cleaning and metal cleaning
Chlorinated solvent used for metal cleaning, paint remover, and in all kinds of solvents and similar products
HCFC-type refrigerant gas used for various types of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment
HFC-type refrigerant gas used for automobile air conditioners, centrifugal chillers, etc.
(Fluorinated gas )
HFC-type mixed refrigerant gas used for room air conditioners, package air conditioners, etc.
HFC-type mixed refrigerant gas used for commercial refrigeration equipment, etc.
Insulating gas used in gas insulated switchgears
ASAHI KLIN AC-2000
HFC-type solvent with higher thermal stability and lower surface tension