ASAHI TRICHLOR <General Name > Trichloroethylene
ASAHI TRICHLOR is a highly stable trichloroethylene with advanced cleaning power. It is non-flammable, does not corrode metals easily, and is one example of solvents that offers the highest degreasing performance of chlorinated organic solvents. Two grades are available: AL (alkali type) and NE (neutral type). It can also be used as a substitute for brominated solvents for which regulations and controls are expected to tighten.
- This highly stable non-corrosive solvent features high degreasing performance.
- Its vapor is highly narcotic and can impair the liver and kidneys. Follow related laws and regulations when handling.
General Name : Trichloroethylene
Chemical Formula : CHCl=CCl2
(Reaction) : C2H4 + 3Cl2 → CHCl = CCl2 Trichloroethylene + 3HCl
CSCL Number : 2-105
Industrial Safety and Health Law Number : 2-105
CAS No. : 79-01-6
AL type: Metal degreasing
NE type: Photoresist stripping, dilution solvent, metal degreasing
Available in oil tins (25 kg), metal drums (290 kg), and chemical tank trucks. (For both AL and NE.)
Warnings for use
*Please read the safety data sheet (SDS) before using.
Follow related laws and regulations during use.
- Do not generate unnecessary vapor, which could cause the product to leak, overflow, or splatter.
- Work in accordance with laws and regulations related to the Industrial Safety and Health Act of Japan or your local rules. In Japan, Trichloroethylene is a class 2 special organic solvent as specified by the Ordinance on Prevention of Hazards due to Specified Chemical Substances.
- When working indoors, make sure that appropriate exhaust equipment is installed and keep the room at or below the recommended concentration.
- If there is the possibility of inhaling vapor or making contact with the substance, wear appropriate protective equipment, and work upwind as much as possible.
- Although the product is flame-retardant at room temperature, do not allow vapor to make contact with extremely hot temperature sources, such as naked flames or electric heaters. If the product makes contact with high temperatures, it will undergo thermal decomposition, releasing hydrogen chloride, carbon monoxide, phosgene, and other extremely toxic gases.
- Open the container only when necessary. Keep the container tightly sealed otherwise.
- Collect waste liquid in a dedicated container.
- Use a flooring material that can prevent substances from leaking underground in locations where the product is stored or handled.
Maintain the floor surface so that no cracks form.
- Vapors are 4.5 times as heavy as air and will settle easily in low areas.
Install intake-type exhaust equipment near the floor.
- Avoid overturning the container, subjecting it to impact, or handling it roughly (such as dragging it).
Proper Storage Condition
- Tightly seal containers that have been opened when storing them.
- When storing the product outdoors in a metal drum, store it under a roof, or attach a cover.
- Store the product in a tightly sealed container in a dry location, so that moisture is neither absorbed nor leaked.
- Install flooring so that the product does not flow into public water areas, drainages, or underground, if by some chance the product should leak.
Safe Container Packaging Material
- Tin-free steel
■ AGC Inc. (Japan) Chiba plant
This product is for industrial use, and has not been developed or produced with the intention of use in medical applications.
*Please refer to the SDS for more detailed product information.